Most saltwater rods are built for pure power and ultimate strength. By adding 25% more strength-per-weight to the new R8 graphite, Sage increased both the fight and pulling power in this rod range, enabling faster landing and fish release times.
More strength and fight were an obvious upgrade, yet few salt rods, especially in the heavier weights, achieve the importance of feel for fine and precise presentations. Shaping a taper that brought this increased touch into the equation took more time and, and after lots of development, and working directly with experienced saltwater guides, Sage rod designers found the right profile to deliver strength, presentation, and a more intuitive sweet spot to a class of rods that have long had a reputation as unwieldy, unforgiving, and difficult.
With the SALT R8, gone are the days of sacrificing the feel and touch in your saltwater rod.Details
- 25% increased strength for greater pulling power and quicker fish landing
- Enhanced durability and toughness to withstand more rugged situation
- Intuitive sweet spot that prioritizes touch and speed for shorter shots and on-demand casts
- Saltwater specific guide set - Fuji K-guides resist corrosion, while their angled, oversized shape prevents snags
- Heavy-duty reel seat with oversized locking rings to keep the reel tight to the rod for greater contact, rigidity, and a more direct connection when fighting powerful fish
- Sage’s R8 technology
- Tempest Blue blank colour.
- Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim.
- Premium Flor Grade Cork Handle w/EVA Butt.
- Black rod bag with new cord lock for quicker, easier, and cleaner storage.
- Aluminium rod tube with Sage medallion.
|Size/Variant||No. Pieces||Line Rating||Weight g/oz/lbs||Handle Type||Price|
|9ft 0in #6 4pce||4||#6||3 5/8oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|9ft 0in #7 4pce||4||#7||3 13/16oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|9ft 0in #8 4pce||4||#8||4oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|9ft 0in #9 4pce||4||#9||4 1/8oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|9ft 0in #10 4pce||4||#10||4 1/2oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|9ft 0in #11 4pce||4||#11||5oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|9ft 0in #12 4pce||4||#12||5 1/8oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|8ft 6in #15 4pce||4||#16||7 1/8oz||Super Plus Full-Wells||1,099.00|
|9ft 0in #12 4pce FG||4||#12||5 5/16oz||Super Plus Full-Wells-Fighting Grip||1,099.00|
ANY ORDER OVER £50 DELIVERED TO UK ADDRESS FREE*
Delivery to Republic of Ireland is FREE on orders over £150
Delivery to the EU & Channel Islands is FREE on orders over £399
For full details, pricing and delivery terms please view our delivery information and charges page.
When purchasing from Sportfish from outside of the UK, you will not pay UK VAT. Therefore it is the customers responsibility to check and settle their own customs charges when goods arrive.
Returns and Exchanges
We will gladly exchange or refund your unused purchase if you return it to us in a saleable condition and in its original undamaged packaging within 28 days of receipt. Your receipt or proof of purchase will be required.
For full details and terms please view our returns and exchanges policy.