With the same superb tapers as the lengendary RIO Scandi/AFS Heads, the Elite Scandi OutBound is a short-bellied, integrated line designed to cast easily and load quickly. It is a fantastic choice for anglers of all abilities and ideal for casting in tight situations. The rear weight distribution and long front taper make this line easy to cast, allowing energy to transfer effortlessly through to the fly.
These amazing lines are available in two densities, Hover and Floating. This Hover version is back by popular demand and a proven fish catcher over the years. Used in conjunction with RIO Versileaders, the Elite Hover can get surprisingly deep – more so than multi-tips in certain flows – yet still maintain carry. So lighter and/or smaller flies can be used to achieve depth without over-compromising swing speed, and often without the need to mend if that is what’s required to keep the speed up. The Floating version is ideal for fishing higher up in the water, usually over the warmer months and in low water conditions.
RIO’s SlickCast creates the slickest, most durable coating on the market with the least amount of friction ever measured on a fly line. This results in increased casting distance and extended longevity. The reduced friction of SlickCast enables the line to shoot through the guides with less resistance leading to longer, effortless casts, while the introduction of RIO's ConnectCore Plus brings even more benefits. This low-stretch core improves line control and increases sensitivity, allowing you to detect even the slightest of takes. This heightened sensitivity enables quicker reactions for effective hook sets, especially when dealing with subtle takes or when fishing at distance.
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast
- Lowest friction available on any fly line
- 140% tougher coating than the next best technology
- 33% more fishing time than the next best technology
- Rear loaded weight distribution for effortless, efficient spey casts
- Long front taper that unrolls with great efficiency and power
- Loading Point marker shows how to get the very best load out of the line
- Low Stretch ConnectCore Plus for the best in control, performance and smoothness
- Use RIO Versileaders for increased depth control
- Easy Line Identifier Markings