Fly Fishing Lines
- Scientific Anglers Sonar Stillwater Clear Camo Intermediate Fly LinePrice from Price from £89.99
- Scientific Anglers Sonar Seamless Density Sinking Fly LinePrice from Price from £89.99
- Scientific Anglers Amplitude MPX Floating Fly LinePrice from Price from £119.99
- Scientific Anglers Frequency Intermediate Fly LinePrice from Price from £49.99
- Scientific Anglers Frequency Trout Floating Fly LinePrice from Price from £49.99
A Bit About Fly Lines
Your fly line is what enables you to cast effectively and deliver your fly to the fish, so choosing the right line is crucial. Your line must be a good match for the type of rod you are using, the sort of flies you wish to cast, and the environmental conditions you are fishing in.
Fly lines come in many different varieties, weights and taper designs - this is the shape of the line itself which influences exactly how the energy of your cast will transfer down the line.
For example, a line might be designed with a long, smooth taper to deliver small dry flies delicately. A line might also be designed with an aggressive front taper design for throwing large, bulky flies straight into the wind.
What species are you fishing for?
With our extensive range of fly lines, there’s something for every fishing situation, from small stream trout lines, to double-handed salmon lines and lines for the most serious tropical saltwater fishing too.