Each cape is carefully evaluated by the best professionals in the business - the Whiting Farms Grading Staff. Excellent quality and adequate for almost all tying.
Herbert Miner Half Neck
Our Price Promise
Sportfish is driven to provide you with the best value when you shop with us online or in our stores. If you see an identical product, including colour and size variations, advertised for less with another retailer in a current promotion and we have it in stock, we will match the price or refund you the difference. Read more here
The Tradionalists choice! The Herbert Miner™ line of fly tying feathers are best known for gorgeous natural colours such as creams, duns, & browns with brassy overtones and natural sheen. Each cape is carefully evaluated by the best professionals in the business - the Whiting Farms Grading Staff. They grade each pelt for the following items -
- Fine, supple quills...for neat, effortless wrapping.
- Freedom from web....for more strength and less absorbency
- Uniform barb length....for optimal appearance and higher floating flies.
- High barb count....for more hackle per turn.
- High barb strength....for maximum support on the water's surface.
- A longer "sweet spot"....the area where prime hackle residues on a feather.
- Full, generous pelts....for excellent value and economy.
Herbert Miner™ Hackle, exclusively from Whiting Farms, is a dry fly hackle of extraordinary quality; a premium product for the most discriminating fly tier and fly fisher.
- Bronze Grade Only - Excellent quality and adequate for almost all tying.
- Colours Available : Cream, Brown, Black, Ginger, Grizzly & Medium Grey Dun
ANY ORDER OVER £50 DELIVERED TO UK ADDRESS FREE*
Delivery to Republic of Ireland is FREE on orders over £150
Delivery to the EU & Channel Islands is FREE on orders over £399
For full details, pricing and delivery terms please view our delivery information and charges page.
When purchasing from Sportfish from outside of the UK, you will not pay UK VAT. Therefore it is the customers responsibility to check and settle their own customs charges when goods arrive.
Returns and Exchanges
We will gladly exchange or refund your unused purchase if you return it to us in a saleable condition and in its original undamaged packaging within 28 days of receipt. Your receipt or proof of purchase will be required.
For full details and terms please view our returns and exchanges policy.