A clever built-in PivLock™ leash retainer solves the riddle of quickly attaching (and detaching) the included sunglass leash. These premium Italian-made frames feature spring hinges and grippy megol nose and temple pads for a no-slip, extra grippy fit. An anti-reflective hydroleophobic lens coating ensures a return to crisp vision regardless of splashing or grime.
- Lightweight, scratch-resistant Techlite™ polarized glass lenses cut glare
- A highly technical polarized lens intended to offer glare protection in the hours of the day that where the sun is lower in the sky or hidden behind clouds. This polarized lens is built on our Techlite glass lens platform to maximize clarity and provides up to 12x more scratch resistance than a polymer lens and can be up to 20% lighter than a traditional glass lens.
- Smudge and moisture resistant coating for easy cleaning and clear optics
- Anti-reflective coating improves clarity and reduces eye strain
- 100% UV protection from harmful UVA/B/C rays.
- VLT: 14%
Fit / Integration
- Medium fit, large coverage
- 8-base lens curvature offers a wraparound fit
- Megol temple and nose pads provide nonslip grip so glasses stay put
- Spring hinges self-adjust to your face for a snug, comfortable fit
- Lightweight, flexible and durable TR90 frame
- PivLock™ leash retainer allows you to quickly detach the included sunglass leash
- Smith hard case, Microfiber bag and a PivLock sunglass leash
POLARISATION: Polarisation cuts glare. Glare off of horizontal surfaces like snow, water, and asphalt, decreases depth perception and reduces visual acuity which causes eye fatigue. We precisely align the polarized visual layer inside our lenses to filter out 99.9% of this “visual static” for a finely tuned view of the action.
VLT: The amount of light allowed into the lens is called Visible Light Transmission or VLT. The higher the VLT, the lighter the lens tint. Bright conditions require a low VLT and darker conditions need a higher VLT. SMITH offers a VLT range from 9% with their Sun lenses and up to a 50% VLT in the Storm lenses.
HYDROLEOPHOBIC WATER AND OIL PROOF COATING: Repels moisture, grease, and grime. A barrier between your lenses and the world. Water will bead up and disperse without streaking. Smudges from fingerprints are wiped clean easily.
ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING: Vacuum applied, Anti-Reflective (A/R) coatings on the back side of the lens will eliminate bothersome sidelight reflections.