Mackenzie DTX FX1 Graphene Rods are built using Graphene, a Nobel Prize winning material, together with Formula One and Aerospace technology. This has resulted in a range of rods with fast tip recovery and yet which are light, sensitive and powerful making it easier for the angler to cast further with less effort.
Mackenzie DTX FX1 Graphene Double Handed Fly Rod
- Uses Graphene, a Nobel Prize winning material
- Constructed with FX1 technology
- Custom made aluminium reel seat
- Titanium snake eyes & stripper guides
- High quality Flor grade Portuguese cork handle
- Beautiful aluminium rod tube
- 11ft 2in #7/8 MF 4pce : A great all rounder for summer Salmon fishing in low water conditions and small spate rivers. It is also designed to be used across the world for Salmon, large Sea Trout, Steelhead and for fishing big flies for Trout and Pike. It has a powerful middle action, loads progressively and recovers even faster than the original model.
- 11ft 2in #7/8 F 4pce : A great all rounder for summer Salmon fishing in low water conditions and small spate rivers. It is also designed to be used across the world for Salmon, large Sea Trout, Steelhead, Trout and Pike, more in conjunction with floating lines which allows for greater accuracy and presentation. It has a more powerful faster action than the medium flex model, loads progressively and recovers even faster than the original model.
- 13ft 0in #8/8 4pce : Can be used on small rivers for salmon, or on the bigger rivers in low water conditions. This size of rod is also popular for sea trout fishing in Tierra Del Fuego. It has a fairly through progressive action, with a relatively fast recovery. The balanced action of the FX1 rod will cast Spey lines and modern Skagit styles and shooting head systems equally well. This rod has a uniquely designed taper and action, designed for accurate Spey casting.
- 14ft 0in #9/10 4pce : A good all rounder rod. It has a fairly deep progressive action with a fast recovery, giving you a rod that has a beautiful casting action, with a reserve of power if needed. The balanced action of the FX1 rod will cast Spey line and modern Skagit styles and Shooting head systems equally well. It has a uniquely designed taper and action, designed for accurate Spey casting.
- 15ft 0in #10/11 4pce : The most popular size of rod and it is considered the best all round size of rod that will work well with most fishing situations. The rod has a fast recovery giving you perfect balance of feeling and power, which loads the rod well for floating line work, but it has a definite reserve of power for achieving distance or sunk line work when required. It has a unique designed taper and action, designed for accurate Spey casting.
Buying Guides & Advice
|Size/Variant||No. Pieces||Line Rating||Weight g/oz/lbs||Action||Handle Type||Length||Price|
|11ft 2in #7/8 F 4pce||4||#7/8||156g/5.5oz||Fast||Double Handed||11ft 2in||799.00|
|13ft 0in #8/9 4pce||4||#8/9||232g/8.2oz||Middle - Tip||Double Handed||13ft 0in||989.00|
|15ft 0in #10/11 4pce||4||#10/11||310g/10.9oz||Middle - Tip||Double Handed||15ft 0in||1,039.00|
|14ft 0in #9/10 4pce||4||#9/10||293g/10.3oz||Middle - Tip||Double Handed||14ft 0in||999.00|
ANY ORDER OVER £50 DELIVERED TO UK ADDRESS FREE*
Delivery to Republic of Ireland is FREE on orders over £150
Delivery to the EU & Channel Islands is FREE on orders over £399
For full details, pricing and delivery terms please view our delivery information and charges page.
When purchasing from Sportfish from outside of the UK, you will not pay UK VAT. Therefore it is the customers responsibility to check and settle their own customs charges when goods arrive.
Returns and Exchanges
We will gladly exchange or refund your unused purchase if you return it to us in a saleable condition and in its original undamaged packaging within 28 days of receipt. Your receipt or proof of purchase will be required.
For full details and terms please view our returns and exchanges policy.