This award-winning salmon rod (winner of Trout & Salmon Magazines "Best in Test" award) is an extremely versatile fishing rod suited to casting a range of salmon fly lines from shooting heads to longer belly spey lines. This rod marries up fast tip recovery with huge amounts of power in the rod's butt. The 5 piece design is convenient to transport fitting easily into your car boot. The handle features a patented reel seat that allows you to move the position of the reel to optimise balance.
This is a superb salmon rod with some great design features.
- Built with the durable Cross Weave technology.
- Balanced Reel Seat with adjustable reel position.
- Traditional style cork handle.
- Durable chrome snake-guides with double coating.
- Rod model inscription and dot mark on ferrules for correct fit on rod sections.
- Supplied in a cloth bag and 5 shaped cordura tube.
**Concept of the Balanced Reel Seat** - The original concept for the reel seat was to be able to balance the reel to the rod correctly without having to add weight to the reel or buy a specific reel to match the rod just purchased. It was designed to reduce fatigue to the angler when fishing especially when the cast has been carried out and the line is swinging around the pool. The balanced outfit allows the angler to hold the rod more comfortably and loosely reducing any pressure to the lower part of the back and concentrate on the fishing.
Buying Guides & Advice
Read our double-handed fly rod buying guide »
Read our fly rods care guide »